We are currently recruiting for a Womenswear Senior Garment Technologist to report in to the Womenswear Technical Manager and provide support to the Technical Team, based in our Central London Head Office. In return you will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits!
As our Womenswear Senior Garment Technologist you will be responsible for all Outwear, Tailoring, Leather and Casual Trouser categories in the Womenswear division. You’ll manage fitting through all stages of style development from prototype to bulk production and be responsible for ensuring tech pack comments and specs are clear. As well as monitor the quality of the product and constantly evaluate and improve the fit of the garment, ensuring a consistent fit throughout the structure and woven aspect of the collection.
Responsibilities of our WW Senior Garment Technologist will include:
- Ensure critical path is managed with regards to fitting, sealing and production of garments
- Manage multiple categories deadlines
- Communicate technical queries and fitting details with suppliers
- Approve test reports and care instructions
- Drive seasonal block refresh amendments and manage the updates across supply base
- Responsible for updating sample specifications, using comments and diagrams, from prototype to bulk production
- Understand and maintain grading to ensure fit consistency of garments from prototype through to bulk production sign off
- Travel to Far East and Europe 1 - 2 times per year minimum
- Manage the technical & professional development of Assistant Garment Techs within their category
- Work closely with the Designers, Product Developers, Merchandisers and Buyers
Our WW Senior Garment Technologist will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical development of Jersey/ Knit product is essential
- Knowledgeable within fitting of Tailoring, Outerwear and Casual Woven is desirable
- Knowledge of Gerber system is desirable
- Understanding of pattern making and cutting
- Well organised with strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills- both verbal and written
- Reliable and focused
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
If you think you have the skills and experience required to start your story as our Womenswear Senior Garment Technologist, don’t miss out - apply now!