We are currently recruiting for a Senior Garment Technologist to report in to the Womenswear Technical Manager and provide support to the Technical Team, based in our Central London Head Office. In return you will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits!
As our Senior Garment Technologist you will be responsible for all Outerwear/Tailoring/Leather and Casual Trouser departments within REISS Womenswear division.
Responsibilities of our Senior Garment Technologist will include:
- Ensure critical path is managed with regards to fitting, sealing and production of garments
- Communicate technical queries and fitting details with suppliers
- Approve test reports and care instructions
- Drive seasonal block refresh amendments and manage the updates across supply base
- Responsible for updating sample specifications, using comments and diagrams, from prototype to bulk production
- Understand and maintain grading to ensure fit consistency of styles from prototype through to bulk production sign off
- Manage the technical & professional development of Assistant Garment Techs within their category
- Work closely with the Designers, Product Developers, Merchandisers and Buyers
Our Senior Garment Technologist will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in technical development of Tailoring/Outwear product is essential
- Knowledgeable within fitting of tailoring, outerwear and casual woven is desirable
- Knowledge of Gerber system is desirable
- Understanding of pattern making and cutting
- Well organised with strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills- both verbal and written
- Reliable and focused
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
If you think you have the skills and experience required to start your story as our Womenswear Senior Garment Technologist, don’t miss out - apply now!